Thursday, December 29, 2016

And Another Thing: Fuck Off, We're Full!

I saw that lovely sentiment plastered onto the back of a lifted GMC truck today. Wanna guess if it had a 146 decibel exhaust?

I mean, I get it. We as a country go through this fit every couple generations: Italians, Irish, Chinese, Mexicans. I also get that you're a pathetic, scared little boy or girl, terrified of change.

But guess what? America changes, it's what we do. America is awesome because we adapt and change. America is great because we take the best of those who come here to ply their trades and we are greater than the sum of our parts.

"Fuck Off, We're Full?"

How about: "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

These are the words on the most iconic monument to freedom in the world. America is great not because we refuse entry to the poor and downtrodden, America is great because we accept all comers.

No, sir, fuck you. Your slogan is the antithesis of what makes America the greatest country on Earth.